To view a recording, click on the webinar title of your choice and login to proceed.
April 25, 2017
Down ballot campaigns can be notoriously bad with data security and infrastructure. However, this last election showed how vulnerable parties and campaigns are to having private data and correspondence exposed.
In case you missed this riveting session at the 2017 Pollie Awards & Conference, now’s your chance to get up to speed. Join us for a 60 minute webinar as data security experts discuss simple steps campaigns can do to reduce their exposure, and the kinds of personal liability you may be in for if you don’t protect critical information.
Presenters: Brian Franklin, Impact Politics; Jeff Birnbach, Sylint; Tanya Forsheit, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein + Selz PC; Matthew Meade, Buchanan, Ingersoll, Rooney PC
August 25, 2016
Legal missteps in a campaign can become fodder for your opposition – or worse, put you personally at risk for prosecution. For campaigns operating across the nation, it’s critical that you understand the existing rules related to:
- Legal do’s and don’ts for SuperPACs
- FEC disclaimer rules and advertising issues
- Compliance for non-profits engaging in state elections
Presenters: Stephen Kaufman, Kaufman Legal Group; Amber Maltbie, NOSSAMAN LLP; Jim Sutton, The Sutton Law Firm; Ashlee Titus, Bell, McAndrews & Hiltachk, LLP
May 31, 2016
Playback one of the most popular sessions from the Pollie Conference in virtual form! Listen to this webinar to hear from business owners about how to grow a successful consulting practice. Topics include:
- The infamous productivity vs. culture scale that will revolutionize the way you hire
- How to ensure you’ll get paid every time
- Tips on writing good contracts
- Lessons learned–and more!
Presenters: Liz Chadderdon, The Chadderdon Group; Michelle Coyle, The Pastorum Group; John Aristotle Phillips, Aristotle; Chris Turner, Stampede Consulting
June 17, 2015
Media strategy, buying, notifications and payments are different for political agencies than “regular” agencies. Rapid-fire buying puts tremendous pressure on agencies to execute quickly and, with such high stakes, operating error-free is critical. Therefore, it’s essential to work with partners who understand the uniqueness of political agencies and can exceed standards for their support.
Join AnchorOps and WEX to learn how a media-specific electronic payment solution that meets the distinct needs of the political media landscape can help you – without software or investment – to improve processes, client service and the bottom line. You’ll walk away:
- Understanding the specific opportunities to streamline the payment process and recapture valuable time
- Unleashing untapped potential in your agency’s bottom line
- With new insight to enable frictionless collaboration among agencies, advertisers and suppliers.
Presenters: John Jamieson, WEX Inc.; David Frogel, AnchorOps; Jon Beckstrom, MasterCard; Brady Schuckman, Mundy Katowitz Media
July 23, 2014
So often in the political world, consultants are running their own business in addition to keeping up with the demands of clients. Join us for an informative session that will provide you with tips designed to make running your own business more efficient and stress free. Whether you’re a new or veteran business owner, join Holly Turner and Amanda Bowen, COOs and legal counsel for their respective firms, as they discuss:
- Legal and Ethical Tips
- Personnel Management
- Intellectual Property Issues
Presenters: Amanda Bowen, Bowen & Associates; Holly Turner, Stampede Consulting
March 6, 2014
Contracts are a vital foundation to the success of your business. This one hour webinar focuses on key elements that will help you prepare better agreements and avoid painful mistakes. Chris Turner, AAPC Board member and principal of Stampede Consulting facilitates a lively discussion explaining:
- Essential language and terms that help ensure you get paid
- Guidelines to follow to protect yourself and your business
- Common missteps and strategies to avoid them
- AAPC’s 12 Contracting Principles
Presenter: Chris Turner, Stampede Consulting
February 12, 2014
In the business of politics, reputation is everything. Join AAPC for a one hour webinar focusing on the critical business skill of building your own brand–on and offline. Amy Pritchard, AAPC Board member and principal of Mission Control, leads this fast-paced session, exploring:
- Networking do’s and don’ts
- Best practices for social media etiquette and engagement
- Strategies you can implement on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more
Presenter: Amy Pritchard, Mission Control