AAPC CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS FUNDAMENTALS
Better run your business by earning AAPC’s Certification in Business Fundamentals. This content area covers the basics of establishing and growing a political consulting firm in accordance with ethical business practices.
C1 Business & Growth Planning
- Ownership structures (LLC, Partnerships, etc.)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial planning
- WEBINAR: The Politics of Public Affairs… It Isn’t What You Think
- WEBINAR: Financial Planning and Capital Management in a Down Economy
C2 Human Resources
- Talent acquisition, training & retention
- Policies & procedures
C3 Marketing & Selling
- Branding & communication
- The Art of the Pitch
- Financial literacy
- WEBINAR: The Promise of Texting without the Pitfalls: Texting & TCPA Compliance
- WEBINAR: Decoding California’s New Campaign Finance Laws and What It Means for You
C5 Operational Planning (workflow, logistics)
- Account management/Client Service
- Information Technology/Systems
- Data privacy & security
- Outsourcing Dos and Don’ts
- Time management
- Conflict resolution/interpersonal skills/emotional intelligence
- Decision making
- Strategic planning
- Innovation & creativity
- AAPC certificates and credits are only offered for AAPC courses.
- All eligible sessions are designated by Content Area (1,2,3..) and credit (A,B,C…). You must complete all of the required credits to earn a certificate in the corresponding Content Area. However, there are a variety of topics that will satisfy each credit to offer you maximum flexibility. Credits may be completed in any order.
- Certificate participants will be enrolled in an online forum for additional knowledge sharing and peer networking.
- Attendance at sessions (both online and in person) is verified. It is the responsibility of certificate seekers to attend sessions (both online and in person) in their entirety and sign in at live events in order to receive credit.
- Upon completion of all credits, certificates are issued electronically by AAPC.