The AAPC Foundation’s Internship Program is designed to provide undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in entering the field of politics, an opportunity to gain professional work experience with AAPC member firms!
This is a paid internship, funded by the AAPC Foundation with a stipend and housing allowance totaling $10,000.
The applications for all internships are currently closed. Please find the timeline below:
- Late November/Early December: Internship opportunities are promoted to universities (political science/campaign management programs) and go live on Handshake, Indeed, and the AAPC Job Board
- January 3rd: Intern application deadline
- Mid-January: AAPC Foundation Board selects final 4 prospective host firms based on applicant interest, etc.
- Late January-February: Host firms conduct interviews with applicants and make selection
- March: Host firms sign Agreements with AAPC Foundation and placements are finalized
- Early June: Internship begins (internships are intended for 9 weeks)
- Early August: Internship ends
- Early September: Host firm/intern reflections due to AAPC Foundation