McLean, VA (February 26, 2020) —The American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC)—America’s only bipartisan association of political professionals— today announced the winners of the 2020 40 Under 40 Awards program recognizing the best and brightest young professionals working in politics in the United States. Selected from more than 120 nominations, the winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony and reception, sponsored by Ampersand, during the 2020 Pollie Awards & Conference in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, March 24.
“It’s exciting to see so many rising stars working in every area of political consulting,” said AAPC President Rose Kapolczynski. “Each of the 40 Under 40 winners is a talented leader who represents the best of American campaigns.”
“Ampersand is honored to sponsor such a great tradition of recognizing the next leaders in our industry,” said Tim Kay, Vice President of Political Strategy at Ampersand. “We look forward to celebrating with each of the winners in person at the 2020 Pollie Awards & Conference, and offer our sincerest congratulations.”
The AAPC is dedicated to fostering the next generation of political professionals and is proud to recognize leaders and innovators in the political business community (including media, advertising, polling and public affairs) who are making a mark in their organization and their profession.
Winners of the 2020 40 Under 40 Awards
- Matthew Arnold, Counterpoint Messaging
- Richard Carbo, John Bel Edwards for Louisiana
- Christina Coloroso, Analyst Institute
- Nick Daggers, 1833 Group
- Jessica Floyd, The Hub Project
- Isaac Goldberg, BerlinRosen
- Chrissy Hyre, Chapman Cubine and Hussey
- Davisha L. Johnson, D.L. Johnson Consulting Agency
- Leslie Martes, Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
- Farah Silene Melendez, Democratic Attorneys General Association
- Bobby Mushroe, Sage Media Planning & Placement
- Amanda Nelson, Texas AFT
- Shirin Bidel-Niyat, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- Yadira Sanchez, Poder Latinx
- Andrew Sinn, 50+1 Strategies, LLC
- Alicia Sisneros, Sisneros Strategies
- JR Starrett, Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Amanda Stitt, Change Media Group
- Melissa Williams, EMILY’s List
- Nancy Zdunkewicz, Change Research
- Kegan Beran, FlexPoint Media, Inc.
- Colin Duffy, HSP Direct
- Timothy Edson, FP1 Strategies
- Marie Brichetto Fenn, Meridian Pacific
- Jenise Harris, Maverick Finance
- Daniel Huey, Something Else Strategies
- Adam Kincaid, The National Republican Redistricting Trust
- Rory McShane, McShane LLC
- Lauren Morenko, Smart Media Group
- Lyman Munschauer, NRCC
- Ashley O’Rourke, Majority Strategies
- Thomas Peters, uCampaign/RumbleUp
- Adam Piper, Republican Attorneys General Association
- Ryan Reynolds, ColdSpark
- Trevor K. Smith, WPA Intelligence
- Clinton Soffer, Tate Reeves for Governor
- Nachama Soloveichik, ColdSpark
- Mike Thom, NRCC
- Peter Towey, Targeted Victory
- Ethan A. Zorfas, Axiom Strategies
About the 2020 AAPC Pollie Awards & Conference
As the premier industry event, the 2020 AAPC Pollie Awards & Conference will be held in Washington, D.C. from March 24 – 27, 2020 and brings the leading political professionals in the world together to network and hear from top technology innovators, pollsters, pundits and service providers. The Conference features cutting-edge programming on key industry trends, designed to empower attendees to leverage the latest techniques in campaign strategy and management. The Conference is widely recognized as the must-attend event for political consultants, media buyers, public affairs specialists, suppliers, industry leaders and journalists. For details, visit www.theaapc.org.
Founded in 1969, the AAPC is a multi-partisan organization of political and public affairs professionals dedicated to improving democracy. The AAPC has over 1,400 members hailing from all corners of the globe. It is the largest association of political and public affairs professionals in the world. For more information, see www.theaapc.org.
Ampersand is an audience-based multi-screen TV advertising sales and technology company owned in partnership by Charter, Comcast and Cox. Our mission is to help advertisers reach their audiences in premium content environments across today’s multiscreen consumer experience, at scale, and powered by our proprietary insights, automation and measurement capabilities.
Built on three decades of operating experience in television, Ampersand represents inventory from all major multi-channel TV providers including Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirectTV, DISH, and Verizon, as well as many virtual and over-the-top providers. In total, we reach 85M US households in premium TV content across 150 networks, in all dayparts, in all 210 DMAs, and with unique viewership insights derived from nearly 40M households. We leverage these insights to simplify the ability for an advertiser to plan, target, and measure their traditional and digital television buys. Using our industry-leading platform, advertisers can deliver efficient and effective TV campaigns across all screens and markets.