The coronavirus pandemic has impacted life in the United States in ways that we could never have imagined back in January 2020. And, the American voter psyche has been affected in a manner that’s rarely seen in a lifetime. The only thing that’s certain is the uncertainty that lies ahead in the months leading up to November.
Nimble campaigns who can capture rapidly evolving voter mindset shifts in real-time will be able to pivot quickly and prevail this election season. Resonate can help you adapt to the changing times and target your voters based on who they are today and how they will evolve in the coming months. AAPC’s recent webinar, courtesy of Resonate, answered questions such as:
- How have voter preferences, values and positions changed within the last month?
- Are voters ready to reopen America and how will that affect GOTV and mail-in voting strategies?
- Now that we have the data, how do we effectively activate it to reach target voters?
Check out the key lessons from the webinar below, and listen to the recording for even more expert insights.
This webinar has been archived for playback. AAPC members can click here to view all webinar archives.
Key Lessons from the Webinar
- Identify Voters’ Values: Based on the latest data from Resonate, we know that since March of 2020, 30% of voters have seen a significant shift in their core values. With life feeling unpredictable and tumultuous, voters are re-evaluating their priorities, values and perceptions of daily life. This includes opinions on political candidates, with challengers now being more favored than in the beginning of 2020 across all levels of elections. Identifying your target voters’ values, as well as identifying the voters whose changing opinions might make them more likely to support your campaign, is key to reaching success on election day.
- Evaluate, Understand, and Engage: Doing thorough analysis on voter sentiment and changing values within your campaign’s district is critical to ensuring that your campaign can authentically engage voters and speak to the issues that are most important to them. With so much uncertainty right now, it’s in your campaign’s best interest to regularly evaluate voters to keep up with their evolving values, helping you to build the appropriate strategy needed to engage those voters effectively.
Access the full recording to hear additional tips from our panelists.