AAPC’s Code of Ethics demonstrates a commitment to ethical business practices. All AAPC members are required to sign the Code of Ethics annually, and to live and work by the standards it sets.
As a member of the American Association of Political Consultants, I believe there are certain standards of practice which I must maintain. I, therefore, pledge to adhere to the following Code of Professional Ethics:
- I will not indulge in any activity which would corrupt or degrade the practice of
- I will treat my colleagues and clients with respect and never intentionally injure
their professional or personal reputations.
- I will respect the confidence of my clients and not reveal confidential or privileged
information obtained during our professional relationship.
- I will use no appeal to voters which is based on racism, sexism, religious
intolerance or any form of unlawful discrimination and will condemn those who
use such practices. In turn, I will work for equal voting rights and privileges for all
- I will refrain from false or misleading attacks on an opponent or member of his or
her family and will do everything in my power to prevent others from using such
- I will document accurately and fully any criticism of an opponent or his or her
- I will be honest in my relationship with the news media and candidly answer
questions when I have the authority to do so.
- I will use any funds I receive from my clients, or on behalf of my clients, only for
those purposes invoiced in writing.
- I will not support any individual or organization which resorts to practices
forbidden by this code.