A graduate of Hillsdale College, Paul Smith grew up in Las Cruces, NM. After gaining campaign experience at the Presidential and Senatorial level, Smith managed Rod Blum’s 2014 congressional race (named by Politico as one of the top five upsets in America) in Iowa’s First Congressional District. Smith then served as Rep. Blum’s Chief of Staff in the U.S. House, overseeing a first term that resulted in an 8-point reelection for Rep. Blum in a cycle that Blum was named the most vulnerable incumbent in Congress. He returned home to New Mexico in 2017 as Campaign Manager for a competitive gubernatorial race with a budget of over $5 million before joining Rival Strategy Group.
Connect With Us!
AAPC Featured Jobs
- Vice President of Political Campaigns - The Outreach Team - , NY 09/28/2023
- Assistant Professor of Political Science in Comparative Politics - Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 09/28/2023
- Executive Administrative Assistant - Chief Communications and Public Affairs Officer - Merck - Rahway, NJ 09/28/2023
- Communications Director + Political Director (Chicago) - The People's Lobby - Chicago, IL 09/27/2023
- AcademyHealth Public Policy Fellowship - AcademyHealth - Washington, DC 09/27/2023
- POLITICAL REPORTER/MMJ - KFYR - Gray Television - Bismarck, ND 09/27/2023
- Assistant Professor of Public Policy - University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA 09/26/2023
- Chair, Department of Public Policy and Management; Professor in Public Policy and Management - University of Southern California - lOS, CA 09/26/2023
- [Communications] Manager, Solid Tumor Communication %26 Public Affairs [Janssen] - Johnson & Johnson - To-Chiyoda, Japan 09/26/2023
- Postdoctoral Researcher; Political Science and Public Administration - The University of North Carolina at Charlotte - Charlotte, NC 09/26/2023